The KASP "Friend of Education" Award is given to individuals or groups outside the profession who have supported political action and advocacy on behalf of children to improve education and mental health services for Kansas children, youth and their families. These awardees have worked to make systemic changes in policies that govern the provision of education and mental health services at the local, state, and/or national level. In addition, these individuals or groups have worked to support the KASP mission and its goals. Individual nominees or groups have so distinguished themselves by this service that clear evidence of improvement of education and services for children can be readily documented. No more than two "Friends" will be presented during the KASP Fall Convention. Only one nomination per region will be eligible.
- Must have contributed in meaningful ways to advocating for education, children and youth at the Local, State and/or National level
- Must support the KASP mission and goals by their efforts
- "Friend of Education" nomination form
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- A one-page description that includes justification of their nomination and documentation of advocacy efforts with clean link to policy-related activity