Empowering Children, Educators, and Families

Work Authorization is a method of temporary school psychology licensure that allows related professionals who want to become school psychologist to work as a school psychologist while they finalize their education specialist degree and professional license requirements.

Applicants must have:

  • Must be accepted into a participating school psychology program (Emporia State University is the only program at this time.)
  • A Master's degree or higher in a related field (Special Education, Social Work, Clinical Psychology, etc.)
  • A current license in a related field
  • Completed the Essential Coursework requirements. Courses on your transcript may count toward these requirements as determined by the Work Authorized committee.

Application for Work Authorization is a two-step process. 

1. Complete the Google Form found here (Below).

2. Pay the Work Authorized Application Fee. Click the KASP logo below, add the Application Fee to your cart, then complete the payment. 

Once both of these steps are complete, you will be sent information indicating how to submit your transcripts, license verification, etc. For any questions related to this process, please email kaspapply@gmail.com


Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software